Re: EPGSearch time-based blacklisting

Hi Christian,

On Thu, 29 May 2008 04:00:41 am Christian Wieninger wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> sorry for the late response.

No problem at all, I guess you've got a life outside of supporting
epgsearch :)

> Mike Lampard wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a channel with identical EPG info for the same program, regardless
> > of episode.  Often the program I want to record is repeated every six
> > hours or so, but depending on the day it may be every 12 hours or more
> > (its somewhat random) with a new episode sometime after midnight.
>
> Please let me repeat this to be sure I got it right:
> The EPG is the same for all episodes and they are broadcasted at no
> fixed time and randomly repeated. Correct?

Correct, with a new episode airing sometime after midnight.

> > Using EpgSearch, is there a way to force a single recording in a search
> > within a specified period, without knowing the exact time that the 1st
> > episode is recorded _successfully_?  i.e: allowing a maximum number of
> > successful (non-conflicting) timers/day per search?
>
> When there's no information how to distinguish the episodes and their
> repeats I doubt that there's a way to handle this.
> Do you have any ideas (and even better also a suggestion how to
> represent this in the search timer edit menu?)

Perhaps adding an option under the "Use as search timer"->User-defined to only
record 1 episode between two customisable times?

Is there a way for EpgSearch to verify a particular recording/timer has
completed successfully within the last 'X' hours (ie time since 00:00), and
if so disabling any remaining timers created by that search from the time of
detection until 23:59?

> > 2-4 copies of the same episode if no conflicts exist.  Like a 'One-Shot'
> > timer that resets itself at midnight (or other settable period) instead
> > of deleting itself.
>
> This 'one shot timer' could be a way to handle it, but is this
> sufficient? Do the above episodes have a guaranteed interval, after
> which a new episode is broadcasted?

Yes.  It seems that there is a new episode once per day, with 4 or 5 repeats
of that same episode later that day.

> Best regards,
> Christian

Cheers