Re: error decompressing frame for Astra HD+

Hi,

Igor schrieb:

> during watching of Astra HD+ from Astra 19,2E I always have this errors

We'll need to clarify what "during watching" means. See below for
details.

> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]B picture before any references, skipping
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]B picture before any references, skipping
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]B picture before any references, skipping
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]B picture before any references, skipping
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]B picture before any references, skipping
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]B picture before any references, skipping
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]no frame!
> ffmpeg_video_dec: error decompressing frame
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]non existing PPS referenced
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]non existing PPS referenced
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]non existing PPS referenced
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]non existing PPS referenced
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]non existing PPS referenced
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]non existing PPS referenced
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xabfba3d0]no frame!
> ffmpeg_video_dec: error decompressing frame
>
> 200 frames delivered, 31 frames skipped, 52 frames discarded
> video_out: throwing away image with pts 120676128 because it's too old (diff : 25806).
> video_out: throwing away image with pts 120690172 because it's too old (diff : 43300).
> video_out: throwing away image with pts 120711478 because it's too old (diff : 73586).
> vdr: osdflush: n: 4, 76.7, timeout: 0, result: 0
> video_out: throwing away image with pts 120732839 because it's too old (diff : 104127).
>
> I think it's ffmpeg's problem, but I don't know how can I solve it. It seems to me, nobody from ffmpeg-devel list doesn't want to fix it. Has somebody experience with this problem ?

The above messages are OK when you switch to this channel because
we jump right into the middle of the video stream. So we will see
B pictures, which cannot be decoded without it's reference
pictures (I or P pictures respectively).

Moreover some pictures reference Picture Parameter Sets (PPS)
which have been broadcast just before you switched to the
channel, so these pictures cannot be decoded too.

All those errors should go away from the time on, where an IDR
picture is seen in the video stream, as all data up to the next
IDR picture will not reference any data structures broadcast
before the IDR picture.

Let's now come back to the term "during watching":
As written above, those messages are OK when switching to a
channel. When they appear "during watching" the channel, I could
think of VDR having issued a CLEAR as it's buffers ran full for
any reason, but your excerpt doesn't show such messages.

Last but not least, the broadcast stream could have been "buggy".

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx