Re: VDR and "multiproto" - which driver to use?

On 04/12/08 15:42, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> I'm in the process of reintroducing the "multiproto" changes
>> in order to start the 1.7 developer version.
>>
>> Since I haven't been following the driver development recently
>> I was wondering if somebody could tell me which driver is best
>> to use at this time.
>>
>> The one at
>>
>>     http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto
>>
>> is like 4 weeks old, while at
>
> Had been away on a vacation, plus some work, hence no recent changes.
>
>>     http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb-av7110-full-ts-mod
>>
>> there have been recent activities.
>> I'd like to switch to a driver that works with "multiproto" and
>> supports Oliver's full ts mod.
>
> It shouldn't be hard to use the 2 repositories together, it can be used
> quite straight forward like this:
>
> $ hg clone http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto
>
> $ cd multiproto
>
> $ hg pull -u http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb-av7110-full-ts-mod
>
> After the pull is complete, it will ask you to merge the heads:
>
> $ hg merge
>
> commit the merge
>
> $ hg commit
>
> You have both the functionality of both trees in one tree.
> If that looks hard, i can push a tree which is a result of the above
> outlined steps.

I guess a "latest greatest" driver source that combines "multiproto"
with Oliver's work would be great, since many users are going to need this
when VDR 1.7.0 comes out (which will require "multiproto").

So I'd appreciate if you could provide such a tree (and possibly keep
it up-to-date). In the long run I think there needs to be one place where
people can find *the* DVB driver again. The current plethora of repositories,
while certainly useful for the driver developers, is quite irritating
for plain users like myself ;-).

Klaus