Re: xinelibout with no OSD

Manfred Schmidt-Voigt schrieb:
> Petri Helin schrieb:
>> Manfred Schmidt-Voigt wrote:
>>> Hello List,
>>>
>>> My configuration is a diskless VDR box with FF Card and xineliboutput
>>> without frontends. The client is the "out-of-the-box" xine-ui with
>>> the apropriate libs from the actual Debian SID on my desktop computer.
>>>

>> Is the xvdr-plugin for xine-lib (xineplug_inp_xvdr.so in directory
>> `xine-config --plugindir`) of the same version as the xineliboutput
>> vdr-plugin? If not, please install also the cvs version of the
>> xvdr-plugin and try again.
>>
>> -Petri

> I have installed the latest CVS Version on both systems again. On the
> vdr box I have installed the plugin in the plugin tree of vdr
> (VDR/PLUGINS/src) and have done the following on my desktop machine:
> cvs ...
> make frontends
> make install
>
> ... and it has copied a fresh version of the libs to my
> /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.0
> (see attachment)
>
> ... but same effects:
>   OSD is only a shadow of an OSD
>   after the first keypress its not longer accepting more button presses...
>
> What else can I check?

I've got it now. My XINE Installation on the Desktop machine was a
little bit mixed up. The xine-config --plugindir showed a path to 1.1.0
but when I started XINE it wants to load plugins from 1.20. During make
frontends the plugins where installed in 1.1.0 and so XINE could not
find them. After installing the libxine1-dev Version and reinstaling the
  frontends they went to 1.20 and now everything is OK!

Sorry for disturbing the list with such a suspicious installation...,
but I know there are people on the german vdr-portal with nearly the
same pictures. Maybe they should check also there installation. So at
least this could help somebody.

Good night!

--
-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------