HELP, no text in OSD anymore

HI,
i have a BIG Problem since this morning.
ithought before i install vdr-1.6 it would be wise to update my debian-sid to the aktual packages.
But thta was a BAD Idea, after it all texts in VDR's OSD vanished.
the OSD is displayed correct, if you know what is in the higlighted line you can use the commands,
but all texts are missing.
No errormessages, no compiletime errors, nothing in syslog. NADA
can anyone give me a hint where i should look for?

tried the old 1.5.18 and 1.6.0, no matter which version, the symptoms are the same.

the machine has a ff-card and a budget-card, TV connected to Videoout of ff-card.
Christoph