Re: xineliboutput and ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)

I demand that Timo Laitinen may or may not have written...
> Aaargh, forgot to change the vdr Digest from the subject to something> reasonable... sorry about the noise... Here's the same with a bit more> identifiable subject.
You forgot to correct the In-Reply-To header. ;-)
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:00:02 +0100> Darren Salt <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>> I demand that Timo Laitinen may or may not have written...>> [snip]>>> Just tackled with this one myself... at least if you used the e-tobi>>> repositories. There was a strange requirement for the library version, I>>> think it was something like libxine => 1.1.12 libxine << 1.1.13.  >> Highly unlikely.> ...>>> Compilation went well with libxine 1.1.17 and the plugin and the>>> frontends work fine.  >> 1.1.17? Did you get that from... I don't know, probably late next year?>> :-)
> Oops, it seems my time machine had a programming glitch... Or,> alternatively, I still haven't learned NOT to trust my memory...
I'm inclined to believe the latter: you keep forgetting. :-)
> So, actually looking at it, it had Build-Depends> libxine-dev (<< 1.1.3), libxine-dev (>= 1.1.2)
The specific versioning shouldn't be there. That sort of thing only belongsin the Depends header, and should be generated at build time.
> I removed all version requirements, compiled it against libxine 1.1.7. (in> Ubuntu Gutsy) But, still, it works,
:-)
> although not perfectly (rapid motion, such as news tickers, are jumpy with> xxmc on openchrome when HW acceleration is on, not sure why)
Sounds like an X problem to me, though it could just possibly be to do withxine-lib's xxmc support.
>> That *is* the general form, though, and it's to do with the name of>> xine-lib's plugins directory and how the plugin build scripts get the>> directory name.
> So (wrote he hoping), would things get better (regarding my quality> problems) if I changed to 1.1.2?
Hopefully not ‒ unless you mean 1.2, in which case you'll see much the sameas 1.1 hg wrt xxmc.
> or to 1.1.11? Or is it just so that if it works at all, it's ok?
Basically, if you upgrade xine-lib to a newer ABI-compatible version, youwon't need to rebuild plugins (except just the once to get them using the newplugin directory naming scheme when you upgrade past 1.1.10.1).
-- | Darren Salt    | linux or ds at              | nr. Ashington, | Toon| RISC OS, Linux | youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk | Northumberland | Army| + Use more efficient products. Use less.          BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT.
You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.