Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.8.2 plugin

Reinhard Nissl <rnissl@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce a the maintenance release 0.8.2. You can
> find it on my homepage as usual:

I'm trying to build a small playback-only box using vdr-xine based on a Via
Epia-15000 board with the onboard video adapter. I don't try to scale
images -- the X server is set to 1024x576 (16:9 PAL). (The TV set has a
nice rescaler to blow images up to 1366x768). Whatever I do, the image
shows lots of artifacts, especially when there's a lot of movement in a
scene, visibly more than softdevice with DirectFB on my old Matrox G450.
I'm actually thinking about buying a PCI Matrox card (mind you, I don't
even use the BES since I also set the FB to 1024x576 and let the TV set
rescale), plug it into the Via board and use softdevice again.

I did a lot of reading in various fora, trying to find out what other
people do but the image doesn't get significantly better...

Any idea? Any information missing?

(Just want to get rid of the loud old VDR and replace it by a small quiet
network attached one)

--
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  And littered with
sloppy analysis!