Re: Hearing-impaired DVB subtitles

> I believe JJussi is mixing things up a bit. What he describes is
> audio subtitling, which YLE has chosen to send labelled as a Dutch
> audio track. It seems that they have started to use Dutch also for
> Finnish subtitling for Finnish spoken programs.

They would have selected some African language :)

Now if you use DVB-S and DVB-C|T and in satellite you might hear dutch
audio instead of English.

But anyhow, in Finland we don't use voice actors to dub broadcast, we use
single monotone single gender lousy el-cheapo speech synth to do it..
And he's a dutch :)

http://www.mikropuhe.com/demo.asp