Re: How to change font data?

Martin Prochnow wrote:
>>> the best aproach IMHO would be an API in VDR that allows you to "nail"
>>> custom glyphs into the glyph cache. though this could lead to problems
>>> if multiple plugins overwrite the same codepoints in the cache. using a
>>> custom font would work too but you would force every user of your
>>> plugin to use that font. making a ttf font is no fun either. maybe
>>> there should be some way to mix cOsd::Bitmap with normal text?
>> Messing with the fonts is not a good idea, IMHO.
>
> It works for VDR 1.4.x ;-)
>
>> I'll see about a method to add icons to the menu items.
>> However, this has veeery low priority ;-)
>
> So my only option for now is a true type font containing the icons. Or
> maybe to create a skin plugin that can displays the icons.

Hi Martin,

I just wanted to say that the ExtRecMenu is such a great plugin that I
hope you will not let the font problem be a show stopper and not release
a new version of the plugin. I am currently using ExtRecMenu v1.1 with
VDR 1.5.15 and I just switched the special characters to regular
characters (well, I left the folder character in tact since the "box"
which is a result of a unknown character resembles a folder...) i.e. for
recording being cut I use 'L' which is the first character of the
Finnish word for being cut and so on.

-Petri