Re: vdr-sxfe don't start..

I demand that Ville Skyttä may or may not have written...
> On Sunday 17 February 2008, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:>> On Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008, Joerg Bornkessel wrote:>>> We detect this in the vdr-xineliboutput-*.ebuild an let install the>>> xineplug_inp_*.so  to the given dir by the headerfile. There is nothing>>> wrong.
Yes there is – your detection method.
>>> Jussy, just skip the xine-lib-1.1.10.1 Version, use an older version, or>>> i hope it will fixed by xine team, then the next version.
Bad advice, unless the known potential for remote exploits (admittedlyremote, but let's ignore that) isn't a problem for that particularinstallation.
>> This is fixed in ebuild vdr-xineliboutput-1.0.0_rc2_p20080120-r1. Now we>> restrict the xine-lib version to 3 components.
That'll be broken again by the next release (I've changed the naming), butthere'll be a benefit: once the plugin is rebuilt, you'll be able to avoidrebuilding it unless you have need of some new ABI extension.
Or at least that's the plan :-)
(Incidentally, it was unrebuilt vdr-plugin-xineliboutput blocking xine-libmigration into Debian testing – needed for security fixes – which promptedthis change...)
> FWIW, I'm pretty certain that the only upstream supported way to retrieve> the dir where to install xine plugins is to use "xine-config --plugindir"> or "pkg-config --variable=plugindir libxine".
They are, but you should not use pkg-config unless your plugin is not1.1-compatible.
-- | Darren Salt    | linux or ds at              | nr. Ashington, | Toon| RISC OS, Linux | youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk | Northumberland | Army|   Let's keep the pound sterling
Avoid commas, that are not necessary.