Re: Wakeup methods

Kartsa wrote:
> What different wakeupmethods are there? I've built a few vdr boxes and
> I've been forced to use different motherboards and they do not all work
> the same. I've used nvram-wakeup on some and acpi on others when
> nvram-wakeup has not worked. Now I have Biostar 945GZ 775 SE with which
> I'm having trouble in starting on timers.
>
> What methods are people using with VDR?

beside nvram-wakeup und acpi-wakeup ( simply "echo 2006-02-09 23:05:00
>/proc/acpi/alarm", http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/ACPI_Wakeup,
sorry you have to use babelfisch, it´s not in the engl. vdr-wiki)

you could use the WOL feature of the system
the vdr sends the wakeup time to a system thats always on (linux
router?) and this machine sends a WOL packet to your vdr
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=694894
(->babelfish)

or

a special home brew hardware device with it's own clock (kind of pic)
witch gets it's power from standby of the power supply
don't know about a running project but it people talked about something
like that on www.vdr-portal.de - usually if made by someone in a small
batch it will cost as much as a cheap mainboard

http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/WakeUP_Projekte ("Echzeituhr:" is
whats needed)

http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/C%27t-VDR_-_Hardware_WakeUp

this looks like something that you could buy and is out of the box
working with vdr
http://www.jepsennet.de/vdr/
http://www.k-data.org/index.php?product=1