Re: HD-TV hardware decoding on motherboard instead of waiting for FF DVB-S2 card

Le mercredi 06 février 2008 à 09:58 +0000, Laz a écrit :
> I don't think MPEG4 decoding will be supported in this way for a very long > time, unless Via have changed their attitudes. (Not really bothered > looking into this because HD is years off in the UK where I am, unless > you fork out lots to Sky!)
I'm not so sure. I don't think it will be years - maybe one and a half.
My question is "is HD worth all the fuss" - most run of the mill folk onthe street can't see the difference between DVD quality digital and HD.Especially in high speed action scenes on current sized screens. And whoreally wants to look at black spots on actresses noses in all that gorydetail? Or fat on their backsides for that matter.
HD needs to be shown at sizes where the extra pixels are worth our whileI don't have 3000€ to put into a screen.
Cheers
Tony