Re: Transfer-Mode without remux

On 02/02/08 16:59, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
>
>> Now it works - and Transfer-Mode never switched as fast as this :-)
>
> Have you never tried my syncearly patch?

Sorry, but I never found the time to try it.

By sending the TS payload data directly to the device, audio appears almost
instantaneously - which I believe is what the syncearly patch does, too,
right?

Plus it saves two ringbuffers (one in cTransfer and one in cRemux)
and one extra thread - sounds like some simplification to me ;-)

Of course I'll need to see how this behaves in every day live, and all
the audio track handling needs to be adjusted accordingly. But for the
moment it looks good to me.

Klaus