Re: xineliboutput with xxmc: slow OSD

Tony Grant wrote:

> There is a problem with xine, the openchrome driver and VDR. You are too
> slow - I am seeing 9-12% CPU with current openchrome even with this bug.
>
> I am using vdr-xine rather than xineliboutput
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony

Hi Tony,

that was not the answer I was hoping for ;-)
Are you saying that there is a bug regarding OSD usage with the
combination xine, openchrome and VDR? Can you explain a little more? Any
ways around that?

Regarding CPU load I need to check that again at home. I was reporting
the overall CPU load on my PC. I should probably check just the
consumption of VDR and sxfe. To complicate things the VDR get's it's
videostream using streamdev-client from the server box.

--
Ondrej