Re: H264 Issue with C+ Nordic Channels

Hi,

Morfsta schrieb:

> I was testing VDR with the H264 channels in Norway. It exhibits the
> same kind of artifacting I reported earlier with BBC HD channels (not
> spatial direct mode).
>
> I have uploaded an example to: -
>
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7N0J2G1L

Looks like the broadcaster has set the progressive frame flag and
as such, no deinterlacing is applied when running the
deinterlacer like that:

-Dtvtime:method=Greedy2Frame,cheap_mode=0,pulldown=0,use_progressive_frame_flag=1

To force deinterlacing even for progressive frames use this one:

-Dtvtime:method=Greedy2Frame,cheap_mode=0,pulldown=0,use_progressive_frame_flag=0

But it then looks like top and bottom field are shown in the
incorrect order. Don't know whether this can be fixed. When the
broadcaster sets the progressive frame flag, then there is
usually no way to decide, which field must be displayed first.
And it seems that tvtime's decision is the wrong one :-(

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx