Re: contact to femon plugin developer

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, Sebastian Dellit wrote:

> is there a possibility to contact the femon-plugin developer? I want
> to give any feature request for make the femon plugin accessible for
> braille users.

The necessary contact information can be found in plugin's source
package.

A few years ago I had an idea to provide audible tone that varies
according to current signal level. Unfortunately, I encountered some
problems while implementing it and the feature never saw the daylight:

- I couldn't get the live tv video and signal tone work at the same
   time, when using budget cards and full featured card as tv out.
- DVB drivers signal strength and signal-to-noise values works correctly
   only for a few cards. There're plenty of cards that provides inverted
   or zero strengt values.

However, I implemented several SVDRP commands into the plugin and those
commands can be used to provide the above mentioned functionality via
an external application in a similar manner as in 'femonspeak'. [1]

If you'll have a neat idea about new features, just drop me an email.

[1] http://taros666.homepage.t-online.de/

BR,
--
rofa