Re: alphacrypt cam upgrade to version 3.12

hi simon,

i think you need the following file.

http://devel.mascom.de:8080/cms1/fileadmin/user_upload/Dateien/Bedienungsanleitungen/AlphaCryptUpdate3_12_Classic.zip

unfortunately the whole thing is written in german. i hope this is correct:

1. install the correct driver for your os. the system must not show an
exclamation mark in the device manager(?) which lists all devices - i
don't know how its called in english

2. exec the update program

3. select 'Gerätetreiber benutzen' if you're running 2000/xp, deselect for
95/98/SE

4. insert card into the pcmcia slot

5. klick start update - takes about 1-2 mintues and shows ready when it is
finished.

this is in short what's written in the _hilfe.txt file. i never did the update
myself this way, so i cannot tell you if it is working this way. they also
write that they made the update that way that normally the module will not be
harmed, only if something goes wrong in the little time window of 1 sec when
the complete software on the module is overwritten.

i hope this helps.

regards,

frank