Technotrend FF DVB-S AC3 Passthrough

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I have been searching
for info on this, can anyone explain how this works with the TT FF AC3
Passthrough firmware?

I can't seem to get any AC3 out of my motherboard soundcard when
playing an AC3 channel with the firmware alone - are there any mods or
dependencies that are required to get this working?

I have tested the AC3 output with mplayer and xine and it is working
properly with XVIDs with AC3 soundtrack. It also works with the
bitstreamout plugin but the sync is not good.

TIA,

Morfsta