Re: Linking a dreambox to VDR using steamdev server

Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Rob Davis wrote:
>
>> I have given this a go in Gentoo and it had 0.3 of vdr-iptv,
>> unfortuntely it didn't seem to display anything on the dreambox,
>> although it did activate the stream.ts command, so something was going on.
>> DREAM;IPTV:4:IPTV|HTTP|192.168.2.7|31344:P:0:0:0:0:0:1:0:0:0
>
> Did you enable the Sid scanner in plugin's setup and is your vdr
> configured to update pids? (I was using zero pids as an example only).
>
> After that you should have "changing pids" messages in vdr's log.
> However, if those messages are missing, the plugin and vdr cannot parse
> necessary information from Dreambox's TS stream and you should add used
> video and audio (and other) pids into the channels.conf entry.
>
>> I also noticed the VDR patch appears to break vompserver, so I only get
>> about 8 channels displayed, which is a bigger issue to me as I have
>> three hauppauge mvp's around the house to watch tv.
>
> The patch doesn't change any current interfaces - it just adds a few new
> methods, so it shouldn't break compatibility with any plugin.
>
> You could also try Udo's streamplayer plugin.

Mybad, I had to recompile vompserver, then it worked.

Streamplayer works well, but won't transmit to Vomp, as vomp is
expecting a channel list.

Now I have vomp working with iptv installed I will play a little more.
Maybe it doesn't work with xineliboutput.

--
Latest news on http://www.streetcredo.org.uk/rob

Rob Davis