Re: Not good behaviour from vdr

Maybe a solution for all the ideas in here ? Let vdr call a command and
decide based on exit status ? This could be simply set to /bin/false for
never restart or any sophisticated logic for everything else ?

The main problem for me is that my reception is not that great.  During bad weather, I often lose signal.  Now, if vdr happens to be recording when that signal is lost, it will do an emergency exit.  Restarting isnt going to make the weather get any better.  It will just keep restarting, over and over.  As soon as the rain stops, the signal comes back and vdr is fine.  Perhaps having to reload the drivers is only a problem for people using old kernels.  I just want to know if my recordings are corrupted or not w/o having to watch them first. If I am not home when the problem occurs, I want to be able to tell which ones are bad w/o having to watch it and notice the end of the show is missing.  Marking the recording in the Recordings Menu with any symbol you want is good enough for me, but forcing vdr reload the drivers over and over during every storm doesnt seem like the right thing to do either.  When the reception comes back, vdr works just fine.

Best Regards.

Best Regards.