Re: Conax CAM:s and multiple streams..

Marko Kenttälä wrote:
> Markus Ingalsuo wrote:
>> I'm looking for Conax CAM:s that support more than two simultaneous
>> streams. I have a 'Dual CA Conax & Irdeto' which only supports watching
>> two channels at a time and I need four or more. Has someone allready
>> done some documentation on CAM:s somewhere? If not, I could document
>> your experiences and share the information.
>>

> I have Conax 4.00e that can decrypt at least two streams. Cannot test
> now how many actually because I've switched to VDR 1.5.9 and now it only
> supports one stream with this CA, previously with VDR 1.4.7 it could
> handle at least two. Anyone know how to bypass this limitation?

This was possible in 1.4.x by fixing the CA id to the specific card
instead of B00. VDR would just try to use the card wihout caring about
CA stuff (if you had B00 it would not let you access multiple streams).

I'm not sure how the same could be achieved with 1.5.x though.

But in general the implementation in 1.5.x is now much better because
you can have multiple CAM's of the same type but with different set of
services on each. It's just that Conax CAMs don't respond to the
standard way of asking how many streams it can decrypt simultaneosly I
guess..

--
Heikki M