Re: Convert video clip to .vdr format

On 9/16/07, Clemens Kirchgatterer <clemens@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Dick Streefland wrote:
> > >
> > > But I have a rather underpowered VDR machine with a full-featured
> > > DVB-S card, so I really need to use the hardware MPEG decoder.
> >
> > Mplayer can play MPEG files using the hardware MPEG decoder without
> > re-encoding.
>
> but it's NOT an mpeg file he wants to play! so we're back to where we
> started from. ;-)

Right, it's M-JPEG format.  No conversion should be necessary to play
his files, just installing the proper codec and using the mplayer
plugin should be fine.  There is FFmpeg MJPEG decoder.  Here are some
packages to explore:

http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/
avifile-mjpeg-plugin - MJPEG video plugin for libavifile
cortado - streaming applet for Ogg formats
luvcview - USB Video Class grabber
motioneye - ppm/jpg snapshots or mjpeg compressed video on Vaio Laptops
3gpwiz - 3gp movie wizard
libmjpegtools-dev - MJPEG video capture/editting/playback MPEG encoding
libmjpegtools0 - MJPEG video capture/editting/playback MPEG encoding
libmpeg4ip-0 - end-to-end system to explore streaming multimedia
libmpeg4ip-dev - end-to-end system to explore streaming multimedia
libmpeg4ip-doc - end-to-end system to explore streaming multimedia -
documentation
mjpegtools - MJPEG video capture/editting/playback MPEG encoding
mpeg4ip-server - end-to-end system to explore streaming multimedia