Re: blacklisting channels for certain dvb cards?

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 22:50 +0200, Richard Lithvall wrote:
> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I would want to blacklist a certain channel (transponder), such that it
> > vdr does not try to use a certain dvb-card on that one, e.g. I am having
> > reception problems (no channel lock) on one dvb-t card for ZDF & co.
> > although it works perfectly on the other dvb card. I would therefore
> > just not allow vdr to use the `bad card' for ZDF ...
> >
> > Is this possible?
>
> Not that I know of, but the other way around - if you put the DVB-card
> number in the CA field in channels.conf, VDR will only use that card for
> the specific channel.

OK, for my case that still is enough, (I've put a 2 in that field to
only allow ZDF on dvb1 (though there are dvb0/dvb1/dvb2), it may even
work with more adapters if I understand the vdr manpage correctly if I
put X,Y,Z in that field (X,Y,Z being the device nr). However as dvb0 is
a dvb-c card not connected to the cable network I cannot test this...

Thanks,
Soeren
--
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.