DVD plugin stutters

It has again been a while since I wrote to the list. Now I have managed
to create an "out of the box system" by using repositories.

My audio replay is kinda stuttering when replaying DVD's with dvd
plugin. It's like the volume would be waving up and down with a rate of
about 5Hz. I have a DXR3 and I have tried all possible things I could
think of. Anybody had similar problems? I thought I'd try using mplayer
plugin for DVDplayback but for some reason my mplayer plugin does not
want to play DVD's (don't know why all settings should be correct in
mplayer.sh.conf, even set debug to true). On settop player the disk
plays fine. I have vdr-1.4.6 and dvd-0.3.6-b03. all installed through
yum on a fedora core 7 system. I have actually three systems and it
happens on all of them. They all have dxr3 but thats about the
similarities they have.

\\Kartsa