Re: Mid range CPU choice

covert covert a écrit :> My question is what CPU should I chose for good noise reducing , heat> reducing solutions.
The most efficient CPU are still the VIA ones... Low power, very low heat, very low noise.There are lots of EPIA mobos (Mini-ITX for factor) with fanless CPUs around. With these, you get only one PCI slot, but everything is integrated on the motherboard.Using a good laptop-like power block (efficient and fanless), you can have a really silent setup (one slow fan for the whole system).
> For processing power and cost I am looking at AMD AM2 4000 and Intel> Duel Core E2140 and Intel core2 Duo E4400. I am open to other> suggestions as long as they can currently be purchased in store.> > Since the system will be spending 95% of it's time idle I want a CPU> that can drop down to the slowest possible clock speed with the least> power consumption. I will also be using temperature controlled fans to> keep it real quiet and any other ways I can find to drop down power> and noise.
Drop noise:* suspend the disk drive with rubber bands* carefully design the air path inside the case
-- NH
_______________________________________________vdr mailing listvdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr