[ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.8

VDR developer version 1.5.8 is now available at

    ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.5.8.tar.bz2

A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at

    ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.5.7-1.5.8.diff

WARNING:
========

This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.

The changes since version 1.5.7:

- Added missing install-i18n to the install target in the Makefile (reported
  by Joachim Wilke).
- Fixed a faulty comment in Make.config.template (reported by Marco Schlüßler).
- Improved i18n-to-gettext.pl (thanks to Matthias Schwarzott).
- Moved the "all" target in plugin Makefiles before the "Implicit rules",
  so that a plain "make" will compile everything (suggested by Matthias
  Schwarzott). The "newplugin" script has been changed accordingly.
  Plugin authors may want to change their Makefiles, too.
- Added DESTDIR and PREFIX handling to the Makefile (thanks to Matthias
  Schwarzott).
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Added internationalization to the "skincurses" plugin (thanks to Rolf
  Ahrenberg).
- Checking the string for NULL in I18nTranslate().
- Updated the French OSD texts (thanks to Bruno Roussel).
- Some optimizations in cDvbDevice::SetChannelDevice() (thanks to Tobias Bratfisch).
- Optimized cMenuEditChrItem::Set() (thanks to Tobias Bratfisch).
- Optimized cNitFilter::Process() (thanks to Tobias Bratfisch).
- Reduced the number of time(NULL) calls in vdr.c's main loop to a single call
  (thanks to Tobias Bratfisch).
- Changed cBitmap::DrawText() to always draw the background unless ColorBg
  is clrTransparent (thanks to Christoph Haubrich).
- The "Setup/OSD/Language" menu now only shows those languages that actually
  have a locale (suggested by Anssi Hannula).
- Now using setenv() instead of setlocale() to set the language for gettext()
  (suggested by Anssi Hannula; thanks also to Ludwig Nussel for a hint on using
  _nl_msg_cat_cntr).
- When scanning the locale directory, VDR now explicitly looks for a file named
  vdr.mo. Text files for plugins are now named "vdr-name.mo", when "name" is the
  name of the plugin. The "newplugin" script has been changed accordingly, and
  plugin authors should change their Makefiles, too.

*When reporting problems, please don't reply to this message!*
Create a new thread instead, using a descriptive subject!

Have fun!

Klaus