Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.7

On 08/17/07 15:48, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> - Internationalization is now done with 'gettext' (following a suggestion by
>>   Lucian Muresan). Plugin authors may want to use the Perl script
>>   'i18n-to-gettext.pl' to convert their internationalized texts to the gettext
>>   format (see the instructions inside that script file). The function
>>   cPlugin::RegisterI18n() is still present for compatibility, but doesn't
>>   have any more functionality. So plugins that don't convert their texts to
>>   the gettext format will only present English texts.
>>   See PLUGINS.html, section "Internationalization", for instructions on how
>>   to make strings in arrays translatable.
>>   See README.i18n for information on how to create new or maintain existing
>>   translations.
>
> I have only Finnish locales installed ("locale -a"), so only the
> selections "suomi" and "English" work from the plugin menu. The rest

What "plugin" menu?

> show up as "deu,ger" etc, and do not work; text shows up in English
> despite selecting them.
>
> Maybe the locales that the user does not have installed on their system
> should be hidden?

I thought that the language codes should always all be there,
to allow selecting other preferred languages, even if there
is no locale installed. But maybe I'm mistaken there.

Please try disabling the code after

  // Prepare any known language codes for which there was no locale:

in i18n.c and see whether that would do what you expect.

Klaus