Re: Why does vdr-1.5.x poweroff my computer at boot ?

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> I use Min. event timeout/user inactivity of 60 minutes but when my
> computer poweron vdr only seems to wait for about 5 minutes before
> shuting down my computer if a timer isn't programmed which is quiete bad
> if I power it by hand and don't come after it directly.

This is not how its supposed to be.

Since 1.5.1, VDR remembers the planned wakeup time in setup.conf as
NextWakeupTime. (You can convert the number to human-readable with perl
-e "print scalar time(xxxxxxxxxxxx)")
On next wakeup, VDR checks if the next timer event is within 10 minutes
of the remembered time. If the remembered time is not 'now', VDR assumes
manual start and should stay awake for MinUserInactivity minutes.

Check your log files for lines 'next timer event at' on shutdown and
'assuming manual start of VDR' on startup, and compare the times.

Cheers,

Udo