Re: No signal - Dish seems fine - femon output follow

En/na VDR User ha escrit:
> On 7/5/07, Luca Olivetti <luca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Just a wild guess, but if you usually leave your vdr pc switched on,
>> leaving it off for a while could make it not work right when turned back
>> on (usually capacitors are to blame).
>
> Where did you hear this?  100% incorrect.

It actually happened to me, twice: an old pace mss1000, unplugged while
on holiday, didn't turn on when I came back, I had to recap the power
supply. One year later the same happened to the tv (this time it was
just one capacitor in the power supply).
Oh, and bad capacitors is a known a plague in many motherboards (yes, I
have one that failed due to bad capacitors, you can see those for the
leaked electrolyte or the bulged top, and even my current vdr machine
needed a replacement capacitor).

Bye.

--
Luca