Re: future VDR and Net??eiver OEM from Reelmultimedia

Georg Acher schrieb
[ ... snip ... ]

>Well, you don't have to buy the card if you would wake up in cold sweat
>every once in a while because of the small binary-only part in the kernel.
>
>But IMO you can wait until the end of time for a full open source HDTV card
>with HDMI output. If you have the time... ;-)

Agreed on all your points. In the end the "firmware" of this card is
more open then the one of the Nowadays common FF cards - so what ? I'm
caring only for two things at the moment:

1.) That the card comes and can also be bought
2.) That the card fits into my budget (That i can and want to pay it)

To my understanding its just about feeding the stream into the card.

Another thing: Will it have a proper framebuffer ? I mean the main
problem of the current FF cards is that you can't do a lot of things
because of the very limited OSD. ScumVM etc pp would be a really nice
thing.

Just my two cents - Steffen