Re: softdevice with menu&audio but no video

Quoting Darren Wilkinson:

> Stefan Lucke wrote:
> > Quoting Darren Wilkinson:

> >> I forgot to mention that I'm using DirectFB only.
> >>

> > And you forgot to mention which hardware you are using.
> > With DirectFB we need hardware YUV -> RGB conversion support.
> >
> > Plain fb output mode should run on any hw, but requires some
> > more CPU power.
> >
> > Stefan Lucke
> >

> I'm using nvidiafb with a GF 6600.

6600 ... I think that was the series, where they (nvidia) dropped
the overlay unit. When I remind this correct, from this series on only
the blitter can be used. So it _could_ be, that when selecting YUY2 as
output pixel format _and_ setting "Use StretchBlit" to yes, video is shown.
But this depends on DirectFB's driver capabilities too.

> However normal framebuffer is also
> showing menus but no video. Also shouldn't colourspace errors mean I get
> no menus either?

Menus are drawn directly to framebuffer in RGB.

Stefan Lucke