Re: VDR 1.5.3: UTF-8 vs. ExchangeChars()

On 06/12/07 23:09, alexander-riedel@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> also * ? !

I was wondering already about "Invalid characters *include*",
which to me means that there are probably more than these.

Ok, so far we have

   . " / \ [ ] : ; = ,

and

   * ? !

However, '!' is in the list of characters that can be used "as is"
right now, so where do you take it from that this character is also
invalid?

Also: the '.' is perfectly ok, unless at the end of a directory name.
So, from my point of view the characters to be exchanged to "#XX"
are

and
  . at the end of a directory name

Any others?

Klaus

"The day Microsoft invents something that
 doesn't suck, it will be a vacuum cleaner."

- anon