Serious bug? VDR v1.4.4 deletes recordings

Hi,

For some reason VDR has decided to remove recordings. I've been
suspecting this for some time but now I'm sure. I've been recording Tomi
Traktori (a serie for kids) and there used to way more recordings that
single page. Now only single page and all recordings in 2007 have been
deleted.

There is no indication in log files that VDR had removed these
recordings (although I'm not 100% whether there was log entry because
logs data back only to 13th of May).

What could be the reason for this and how to prevent this? There have
been over 40h of free space on the disk so that is not the reason.

Br, Pasi