broken audio on FF card

seams i have broken the audio chipset on my galaxy FF card. also
getting audio from the spdif connectors did not work out nicly because
there, the left channel is missing (no idea, how this is possible at
all). i tried even with 2 different soundcards. playing pcm both
channels work.

so my question is, do i have to dump the card or is there a plugin,
that can play video via the FF card and send audio to a soundcard? i
thought about something like bitstream but for stereo (bitstream will
not work, will it?).

any tips, what i can do to rescue the FF card? :-)

thx & best regards ...
clemens