VDR-on-Mac patches; any more progress

On 25 Apr 2007, at 20:31, Rob Davis wrote:

> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>>
>> On 24 Apr 2007, at 22:54, Rob Davis wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry to bring to life an old thread, but does anyone have a working
>>> copy of vdr-sxfe for osx?  Pref PPC, but intel would work too..
>>> Maybe a
>>> list of dependencies too?
>>>
>>> My VDR server is a headless box, but I want to use the Mac with OsX
>>> instead of Gentoo to watch VDR...
>>
>> Get the vdr on mac patches posted to the list earlier. You want to
>> have
>> fink installed to get ffmpeg etc. The patches for softdevice are
>> already
>> in CVS, with instructions and dependencies. They should be fairly
>> up to
>> date, but just ask questions here when you're stuck.. You have to use
>> the shm softdevice client, since there are threading issues with
>> using
>> softdevice directly with quartz output.
>>

> I'm not sure that'll work for me as the DVB device is on another
> machine.  I want to run just a display viewer over the network.

Forgot to say, also download and install streamdev, with the
necessary streamdev patches. Then copy over the channels.conf file
from the server machine (running with streamdev-server) to the client
machine, and use streamdev-client. I've tested it and it works. The
VDR on mac instructions has links to streamdev patches for the mac.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@xxxxxxxxx