Xineliboutput: can achieve similar to softdevice's mgatv option?

Am Donnerstag, 19. April 2007 15:06:54 schrieb Alasdair Campbell:
> config_xineliboutput
>
> # field parity
> # { none  top  bottom }, default: 0
> #video.device.directfb_field_parity:none

That's funny, my config_xineliboutput doesn't have this config option per
default...
But I can insert it and when set to 'top' video quality is quite awesome, but
there are still some small hickups and stutters here and there (even with
vsync set to 1). Maybe some other settings are still missing, that softdevice
sets...
With Bloomberg (German news/stock channel) I see a very odd behavior: To have
to video itself fullscreen, I have to enable local frontend scaling but then
the OSD is renderd much too big. So I have to enable OSD resizing/downscaling
which results in a very unnice OSD (fonts look a bit ugly and the complete
OSD is not the nicest view.).
And channels broadcasting a 16:9 signal are always scaled up to my 4:3 CRT TV,
so I have the typical 'long faces' (I think that's only a configuration
setting, but I haven't been able to locate it...)
I'm currently not in a productive environment (that runs with a FF and VDR
1.26 :)) with software decoding, but from what I can say so long, using
DirectFB and the Matrox G450s TV-Out, softdevice is my personal favorite! I
think xineliboutput doesn't earn it's high version number in this 'special'
configuration.
BUT I have to admit that xineliboutput uses only half of the CPU power of
softdevice, so it's video decoder has to be more efficient...

Greetings, Markus