Suffering from continuous vdr restarts in various situations

Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're suffering from continuous vdr restarts every few minutes during
> recording of certain programs, while this is spat into syslog:
> [...]
> The signal quality looks fine.

Did you check the signal quality of the second card, or just the first
card? The femon plugin allows to manually switch to the second card for
receiving.

Does this only happen on Pro7/Sat1/Kabel1? If yes, its most probably
DECT telephone interference, in rare cases it may be related to all
vertical transmissions. In any case you may want to switch to the new
transponder. See http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=60914

There may be additional side effects, for example, what channel the
first card is tuned to, or whether the first card is tuned at all
(recording playback), and others.

Generally, keep an eye on cables and connectors, bad connections are a
common source of trouble.

Cheers,

Udo