plugin loading

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> e9hack wrote:
>
>> Udo Richter wrote:

>>> There is no common way how the plugins get selected for loading. VDR
>>> itself does not load plugins unless instructed. (except for --version
>>> and --help)
>>>
>>> Plugins get loaded by the -P or --plugin command line option, by
>>> modifying the runvdr script that is part of the VDR sources, or by
>>> distribution dependent load mechanisms in case you're using pre-built
>>> packages.
>>>
>> It seems, it is a problem of the runvdr script from suse. The script
>> prepares a list of installed and missing plugins from a list of selected
>> plugins. The script does some bogus things, if it exist an plugin with
>> wrong import entries.
>>

> What kind of bogus things do you mean? The script runs "vdr
> --version" to filter out obviously not working plugins, that's all.

Something is wrong in processplugins from runvdr (suse 10.1).
'VDR_PLUGINS' is set to 'dvd femon epgsearch lcdproc reelchannelscan
wirbelscan atmo'. If my buggy image plugin does exist in the lib
directory, 'missing_plugins' is set to 'dvd wirbelscan femon lcdproc
epgsearch' and 'installed_plugins' is set to 'reelchannelscan atmo'. If
the buggy plugin doesn't exist in the lib directory, 'missing_plugins'
is empty and 'installed_plugins' is set with the content from
'VDR_PLUGINS'.

- Hartmut