Streamdev and subtitles and HD

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Pasi Juppo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any plans to have subtitle support for streamdev plugin? Or is
>> there by any chance a patch that provides it?
>
> What do you mean?
>
> 1) DVB Subtitles sent in the HTTP datastream:
> http://users.tkk.fi/~rahrenbe/vdr/vdr-streamdev-cvs-subtitles.diff.gz

I applied this one and now I have subtitles on remote computer
(vdr+streamdev+xineliboutput). Thanks goes to RoFa.

> 2) DVB Subtitles on a VDR VTP client using vdr-plugin-subtitles:
> Seems to work, but streamdev seems to be buggy and crashes often when
> used like this (works better when you enable the "AllowSuspend" option
> in the server).

Haven't tried this one (didn't know that there was already support for
this). But if this is somewhat buggy then I'll stick with the patch.

But, seems that there can be multiple clients but they all have the same
channel and OSD (local can also have own channel and OSD). To have
centralized solution via streamdev it would require either multiple
instances of VDR or streamdev server (internally preferably instead of
multiple plugins). Multiple instances of VDR would not be nice solution
thus streamdev should do this.

Any plans regarding the support of multiple clients?

Br, Pasi