(OFFTOPIC) "EFF reveals plot to cripple European television"

Sorry about my other reply which I accidentally sent without editing.

VDR User wrote:
 > On 3/15/07, Chris Jones <cmsj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 >> Absolutely, since (if this insanity really happens) it means that
 >> projects like VDR are effectively dead in the water :(
 >
 > Why do you believe that?
 >
 > Personally, I don't think there's any need for panic.  Too much money
 > involved.  How many times has something been the threat to end it all,
 > only to wind up a fizzling dud?  Take these things with a grain of
 > salt.

The trouble is such a thing really has happened to MS Windows. If the
MPAA are powerful enough to force Microsoft to cripple Vista they can do
it to DVB too. OTOH maybe Microsoft didn't take any forcing as they're
part of the same electronic publishing axis of evil, and can make
Windows as awful as they like because of their virtual monopoly. Here in
the UK I'm sure Sky TV would be thoroughly in favour of DRM etc.

--
TH * <http://www.realh.co.uk>