Vdr or driver performance dropout

Kartsa schrieb:

> Stefan Huelswitt kirjoitti:

>>> Most likely, it's me who has to be blamed. Around 1.3.27,
>>> cVideoRepacker
>>> was introduced which has an impact on CPU load. This could be a reason
>>> why the menu is slow when running several recordings at the same time.
>>>

>> I don't think that the problem is related to anything on VDR
>> side.
>>
>> AFAIK the bandwidth from ARM to PCI bus is very limited on
>> full-featured cards. With 3 recordings being transfered to VDR
>> there is simply not enough bandwidth left for the OSD transfers.
>> Hence the LoadBitmap timeout.
>>
>> I experience the problem since VDR introduced concurrent
>> recordings and I cannot believe that there is any VDR / firmware
>> combination which doesn't show this behaviour as it's IMO a
>> hardware limitation.
>>
>> Budget cards doesn't have this limitation, they can transfer the
>> full transponder without problems.
>>

> I know the performance was better when I was using vdr-1.3.22. I know
> I had 9 recordings going on and still I was able to watch a previous
> recording and I was using a slower cpu and a ff card. Ofcourse my
> recent test does prove your point, hence the question "what is the
> best combination of hw and sw?".

Guess the best would be if you could/would be able to limit the possible
number of recordings on a single card (or one would be able to set a
limit for FF Cards or a fixed limit would be set in VDR at compile time)
Then you could have a combination of FF and budget cards like most here
have most likely.