playing mp3's over smb (lockup)

Hi Stefan,
On Fr, M?r 02, 2007 at 07:56:14 +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 02 Mar 2007 Stone <syphyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I have noticed that when I mount a samba drive on my vdr box and play mp3's
> > with vdr from it, vdr will often lockup and require a restart.  But, the
> > strange thing about this is that this only happens when using the mpeg
> > decoder on the FF card.  If I use vdr-xine as the playback method with my FF
> > card, then vdr never locks up when playing mp3's over the samba drive.
> > Would there happen to be a buffer that needs to be increased?  The lockup
> > always occurs when a new mp3 is just about to start.
>
> Which background mode does you use?
> If it's "image", try to use "black".
> There is still some bug in firmware which causes the stillpicture
> ioctl to look up.

The backgroundmode was the Problem I reported a few days ago.
If I switch to Livemode everything works nearly ok.
Remember:
If I use backgroundmode black, I cannot navigate back in the playlists
and
the first two seconds were skipped of every track .
In livemode the first two seconds were skipped but nothing of the other
tracks.
This Problem did not exist with the previous firmware.

Thanks
Halim