remote control not responding when message is being displayed

Hi,
I have a server with an ISDN card and I set it up, so it will send a
message via svdrpsend.pl to my VDR Box, when there is an incoming phone
call. (http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Svdrp-isdnanruf)

I am running VDR 1.4.5 on my VDR box. The only thing that is bugging me
a bit, is the fact, that my VDR is not responding to any LIRC input as
long as the message is being displayed. So it depends on the right
timing to pause a running replay. Since the message is repeated every 4
seconds I have to hit the pause key on the remote at the right
moment(when there is no message being displayed) to make the replay pause.

Can anyone tell me on how to change this behavior?
Any other suggestion on how to display the phone number if the ISDN card
is not built into the VDR system itself would be appreciated as well.

Thank you a lot in advance.

  Andr?