Strange delay in recordings with vdr-xine

I recently (more on that below) started experiencing  a strange problem
with vdr 1.4.5-1 and vdr-xine 0.7.6+network patches: while replaying a
recording (either against a local copy of vdr or over the network) the
only command that acts immediately is pause, every other one (skip one
minute, ff, rew, stop) takes effect after a delay of 5-6 seconds, so,
e.g., if I go back to the recordings menu, playback will still go on for
5-6 seconds. This wouldn't be such a big problem if it wasn't for
teletext subtitles, since they appear 5-6 seconds earlier (i.e. the osd
is instantaneous while the replay is lagging 5 seconds).

The strange thing is that this didn't happen before, the only change is
the laptop (but with the same hard disk: 3 months ago my laptop broke, I
was given a similar one in which installed the old hard disk. Meanwhile
I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.17, using the replacement laptop, with no
problems, until now, when I got my repaired laptop back and this problem
appeared).
The main difference between the 2 laptops is the video card: the current
one has a mobility/radeon 9000 and 1400x1050 resolution, while the
replacement one had an intel chipset, 1024x768. I upgraded vdr while
using the replacement laptop, but I'm pretty sure I maintained the same
version of vdr-xine all the time.

Bye
--
Luca