Possible bug with recording...

I was watching something via the mplayer plugin.  A recording timer was
triggered which aborted the mplayer playback.  Is this behavior
intentional?  If so, can the abort be disabled while still allowing the
timer to function properly?  I know there's always the option of not
watching anything else during a timer/recording event but I would suggest
that defeats one of the main purposes of a recording in the first place,
...a means to allow you to watch a show at your own convenience.  In this
case it was not convenient to abort what I had already watching and was
right in the middle of.

Thanks for your input fellas.