ANNOUCEMENT: xmltv2epg

Rob Davis wrote:
> Pjotr Kourzanov wrote:
>> Rob Davis wrote:

>>> Looks good, but what does the command line look like?
>>>

>> Well, do a "cat *.xml | ./xmltv2epg > epg" if you have many separate
>> xml files.
>> Otherwise, ./xmltv2epg file.xml > epg should suffice.
>>

> Sorry chaps to go back to an old thread..
>
> How would you send epg back into vdr?  I know you could just use it
> directly from vdradmin, but I would like to append the xmltv listings to
> data already downloaded.
>
> Should I just cat >>epg.data - or do I need to upload it using an svdr
> command?

Nowadays I use this script to upload it to the VDR:
#!/bin/sh
{ echo -ne "${clre:+clre\n}"
   echo "quit"
} | netcat localhost 2001

for x in $@; do
{
   echo $x >/dev/stderr
   echo "pute"
   cat $x | ./epgfix
   echo "."
   echo "quit"
} | netcat localhost 2001
done
.

epgfix is to truncate the lines to VDR's 10k limit (for some reason,
10240-1 failed for me once, hence -2:-):
#!/usr/bin/awk -f
{print substr($0,1,10*1024-2)}
.

run it with "clre=1 ./putepg file1 file2 ..." to clear VDR's EPG first.

Regards,
Pjotr.