EPG Question (concerning BBC3 and BBC4)

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 20:12 +0100, Brian wrote:
> Tony Grant wrote:
> > Le lundi 05 f?vrier 2007 ? 17:49 +0100, Brian a ?crit :
> >
> >> BBC3 and BBC4 only start to show programs at 19:00 UK time. My EPG for
> >> these programs comes via the internet. If I try to look at the EPG for
> >> those channels before 19:00, then they are not even shown in the list of
> >>   programs I have EPG for on the OSD.
> >> I assume this is a desired behaviour of VDR. If so, any way to change it?
> >> I didn't find anyway in the Menus.
> >
> > I use the following method:
> >
> > 	- grab the EPG from the radio times site with xmltv
> > 	- feed vdr with xmltv2vdr
> > 	- vdr updates "on the fly" EPG data for changed times
> >
> > And I use vdradmin rather than the OSD so you see the timelines of 3 and
> > 4 starting at 7. Before then you do have ceebeebies and the other kids
> > channel onn the same frequency
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Tony
> >
> Tony,
>
> I get the EPG into VDR the same way. And I can see it via VDRAdmin. Its
> just I want to see it on the OSD before 7pm if at all possible.
>
> Cheers Brian

I use the off-air EPG and the display of BBC3/4 is OK right now (18:30).
When you look at the EPG in vdradmin do you see any programs covering
the period when the channel is off-air?

I see token schedule entries covering the off-air period:

05:32 - 12:00 'This is BBC THREE'
12:00 - 18:58 'This is BBC THREE'
18:58 - 19:00 'Welcome to BBC THREE'
... on-air
19:00 - 20:00 'Dog Borstal'

Perhaps the issue with xmltv2vdr is that there are voids in the schedule
data which (might) cause the channel not to be listed in the schedule
guide.

	Jon