Vdr or driver performance dropout

Clemens Kirchgatterer kirjoitti:
> Laz <laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> i can confirm this. i get the same delays in key processing very
>>> frequently. i use also a low end machine - PII 233 MHz.
>>>
>> What type of remote receiver are you using? I've had delays with some
>> remotes but not others:
>>

> home brewed ir receiver on serial port using lirc. the same as you say
> worked best for you. i'm sure the problem is not on the IR side but on
> vdr, as that setup was not changed between vdr upgrades.

I have home brewed also and I either do not think IR side is the
problem. The delays became the longer the more recordings are on
simultaneously. I just tested just to be sure that after second
recording the playback of another recording starts to snap crackle and
pop both sound and picture. Very small but noticeable. After third
recording responces to remote are either very sluggish or in some remote
actions nothing happens. And as I said earlier this behaviour is similar
in PIII 550 and AMD 3000+.

And actually I think what ever is causing this may also be the reason
for the AV sync problem I reported in another thread. I mean after the
third recording AV sync is about all the time out of sync or atleast its
no fun to watch. I'll report about this in the related thread.

\\Kartsa