Transfer Buffer Overflow

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 10:24:51PM +0100, Thomas Lagemann wrote:
> Marko M?kel? wrote:
> >I've patched vdr twice so that it'd read the MPEG TS from a regular file
> >instead of the /dev file system.  The first time (about 2 years ago)
> >on then-current vdr 1.3.x, it succeeded.  The second time (maybe 1 year
> >ago) failed with the symptoms you are reporting.
> Do you remember how you patched it?

Sorry, no, I didn't save the working patch, because I felt it was
a trivial modification.  If I remember correctly, I replaced the
variable that is assigned "/dev/" + something with a character string
constant, the absolute pathname of the MPEG TS file.  There probably
was some wrapper around the open() call.  I don't remember changing
anything else, but I cannot tell that for sure.  I really should have
saved the patch that worked.

It was just a one-off thing to get a MPEG TS recording converted.
The second time (when I failed to patch vdr properly) I ended up
using mencoder and genindex.

	Marko