Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Halim Sahin wrote:
>> Hello,
>> On Mo, Jan 29, 2007 at 06:43:40 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>> Yes, I do plan to do this. Yesterday I've installed my DVB-S2 card in
>>> a test box, so hopefully I'll be able to start digging into this one
>>> of these days...
>> FF-Card???
>
> I wish ;-)
>
> It's a Technotrend S2-3200 HDTV-S2, unfortunately with the C1L chip version.
> So if you get yourself such a card, you might want to make sure you get one
> with the C2L version (see Manu Abraham's message at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-January/015585.html).
> Don't know personally if this actually is a problem, because so far I haven't
> started working with it.
>
> Klaus

There is a promising FF solution being developed by Micronas. Dual
DVB-S2 receiver, hardware H.264 decoding and HDMI output.
http://www.micronas.com/pressroom/press_releases/articles/149309/index.html?newslang=1

It's has a PCI express card so Klaus might have to bye a new PC after
all ;-)
But also Technotrend might get their DVB-S2 FF card to the market sooner
or later.

Ondrej ...

P.S. Funny subject for this thread. Maybe it was supposed to be a
private conversation?